Central Intelligence Agency Data SystemUse the Right Analog-stick at the title screen to look down at your hand when you are locked up. Repeatedly press LT + RT to escape the from chair. Move around the lab and find a computer. Type in the following commands to activate the corresponding feature.
Saki, Luis Serrano, and Neal Rabone
- DOA: Zombie killing mini-game similar to Smash TV. Use the Left Analog-stick to move and the Right Analog-stick to shoot.
- 3ARC INTEL: View all intel.
- 3ARC UNLOCK: Unlock Dead Ops Arcade and Presidential Zombie mode.
- ZORK or HELLO SAILOR: Zork: The Great Underground Empire text adventure game.
- DIR: List audio files and pictures for use with CAT command.
- CAT or PRINT<filename>: Open corresponding file.
- WHO: List of login names for use with the RLOGIN command (requires passwords).
- LOGIN: Attempt a new session with a corresponding username and password
- DIR or LS: Display contents of the current directory.
- ENCODE: Encode a string using the CIA's cipher.
- DECODE: Decode a string using the CIA's cipher.
- MAIL: Open the mail folder for the current user.
- FOOBAR: Displays "Fee Fie Foe Foo!"
- ALICIA: Alicia virtual therapist game.
- HELP: List commands.
Dreamland serverAccess the Central Intelligence Agency Data System. Enter rlogin dreamland as a command. You will be prompted to login with an account with MJ12 access. Use the following usernames and passwords to continue.
- Login as Robert Oppen: Username: roppen and password: trinity.
- Login as T. Walker: Username: twalker and password: thanksdad.
- Login as Vannevar Bush: Username: vbush and password: majestic1.
Terminal accessAccess the Central Intelligence Agency Data System. Enter login as a command. You will be prompted to login with an account. Use the following usernames and passwords to continue. You can then access their documents with the dir command or email with the mail command.
|Alex Mason (default account)||amason||password|
|Grigori "Greg" Weaver||gweaver||gedeon|
|John F. Kennedy||jfkennedy||lancer|
|Lyndon B. Johnson||lbjohnson||ladybird|
- Log into Jason Hudson's account on the terminal to unlock the Jason Hudson gamerpic.
- Escape the interrogation chair by press LT + RT to unlock the Frank Woods gamerpic.
Zombie mode mapsComplete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding map in Zombies mode.
- Dead Ops Arcade: Play the Dead Ops Arcade game.
- Der Riese: Enter unique code from Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige Edition.
- Five: Complete Campaign mode.
- Kino Der Toten: Available by default.
- Nacht Der Untoten: Enter unique code from Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige Edition.
- Shi No Numa: Enter unique code from Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige Edition.
- Verruckt: Enter unique code from Call Of Duty: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige Edition.
Zombies mode: Pack-A-Punch upgradesUse the Pack-A-Punch machine to make the following upgrades.
- Assault rifles
- AUG: AUG-50M3
- Commando: Predator
- Famas: G16-GL35
- FN FAL: EPC WN
- G11: G115 Generator
- Galil: Lemantation
- M14: Mnesia
- M16: SkullCrusher
- CZ75: Calamity
- CZ75 Dual Wield: Calamity & Jane
- M1911: Mustang & Sally
- Python: Cobra
- China Lake: China Beach
- M72 LAW: M72 Anarchy
- Light machine guns
- HK21: H115 Oscillator
- RPK: R115 Resonator
- HS10: Typhoid & Mary
- Olympia: Hades
- SPAZ-12: SPAZ-24
- Stakeout: Raid
- Sniper rifles
- Dragunov: D115 Disassembler
- L96A1: L115 Isolator
- Submachine guns
- AK47u: AK74fu2
- MP40: The Afterburner
- MPK5: MP115 Kollider
- MPL: MPL-LF
- PM63: Tokyo & Rose
- Special weapons
- Ballistic Knife: The Krause Refibrillator
- Crossbow: Awful Lawton
- Ray Gun: Porter's X2 Ray Gun
- Thundergun: Zeus Cannon
- Winter's Fury: Winter's Fury
Killstreak bonusesReach the indicated number of kills to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Spy Plane: 3 kills; shows enemies on the mini-map (free).
- RC-XD: 3 kills; remote control car with explosives piloted by killstreak user (1,200 points).
- Counter-Spy Plane: 4 kills; temporarily disables enemy's mini-map (1,600 points).
- SAM Turret: 4 kills; airdrop a turret that destroys aircraft (1,600 points).
- Care Package: 5 kills; airdrop a crate that contains a random killstreak, ammo crate, or special weapon (free).
- Napalm Strike: 5 kills; airstrike drops fire over an area of the your choice which burns and damages enemies temporarily (2,400 points).
- Sentry Gun: 6 kills; airdrops anti-personnel sentry gun (3,200 points).
- Mortar Team: 6 kills; user targets three locations to be shelled by mortars (3,200 points).
- Attack Helicopter: 7 kills; call in automated attack helicopter to a selected location (free).
- Valkyrie Rockets: 7 kills; two remote controlled rockets (4,000 points).
- Blackbird: 8 kills; advanced version of the spy plane that indicates enemies on the map and direction they are facing (4,500 points).
- Rolling Thunder: 8 kills; B-52 bomber bombs selected location (4,500 points).
- Chopper Gunner: 9 kills; control door-mounted mini-gun from a helicopter that circles the map; enemies without the Ghost perk are displayed as red dots (5,000 points).
- Attack Dogs: 11 kills; call in a group of attack dogs (6,000 points).
- Gunship: 11 kills; pilot a helicopter with rockets and machine guns; helicopter can be destroyed (6,000 points).
Extra Custom Class slotsReach the indicated Prestige level to unlock the corresponding Custom Class Slot. Note: Once you unlock a slot, the pre-set class for that slot will not be available until you Prestige again.
- Sixth slot: First Prestige
- Seventh slot: Third Prestige
- Eighth slot: Fifth Prestige
- Ninth slot: Seventh Prestige
- Tenth slot: Ninth Prestige
Prestige bonusesReach the indicated Prestige to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Prestige TDM Playlist: Prestige 1
- Prestige Hardcore Playlist: Prestige 10
- Face Tattoos: Prestige 11
- Colored Clan Tags: Prestige 13
- Gold Camouflage: Prestige 14
- Prestige Pure Playlist: Prestige 15
Multiplayer bonusesReach the indicated level to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Create A Class: Level 4
- Contracts: Level 5
- Clan Tag: Level 6
- Game Mode Challenges: Level 8
- Killstreaks, Killstreak Challenges, Playercard Emblems: Level 10
- Combat Record: Level 13
- Medal Challenges: Level 15
- Gun Emblems: Level 16
- Gun Tag: Level 19
- Elite Challenges: Level 20
- Camo: Level 22
- Custom Reticules: Level 25
- Custom Lenses: Level 28
- Final Challenges: Level 30
- Facepaint: Level 31
- Prestige Mode: Level 50
- Prestige Leaderboard, Custom Class 6: Prestige 1
- Custom Class 7: Prestige 3
- Custom Class 8: Prestige 5
- Custom Class 9: Prestige 7
- Custom Class 10: Prestige 9
- Face Tattoos: Prestige 11
- Clan Tag Colors: Prestige 13
- Golden Camo: Prestige 14
- Prestige Playlists: Prestige 15
Perks listThe following perks can be unlocked.
- Tier 1
- Flak Jacket: Reduces explosive damage.
- Flak Jacket Pro: Deflect fire damage, and safely toss back grenades.
- Ghost: Undetectable by the Spy Plane and Blackbird.
- Ghost Pro: Undetectable by aircraft, IR scopes, Sentry Guns, and no red cross hair on your name when targeted.
- Hardline: Killstreaks require one less kill.
- Harline Pro: Change the contents of a Care Package.
- Lightweight: Move faster.
- Lightweight Pro: No fall damage.
- Scavenger: Get ammo from fallen enemies.
- Scavenger Pro: Start with extra magazines, and get grenades from fallen enemies.
- Tier 2
- Hardened: Bullets penetrate better.
- Hardened Pro: Increased bullet damage to killstreaks and less aiming recoil when shot.
- Scout: Hold breath longer.
- Scout Pro: Switch weapons faster.
- Sleight Of Hand: Faster reloads.
- Sleight Of Hand Pro: ADS with all weapons, except sniper rifles.
- Steady Aim: Increased hip-fire accuracy.
- Steady Aim Pro: Faster ADS after sprinting.
- Warlord: Equip two attachments to your primary weapon.
- Warlord Pro: Start with one extra lethal and tactical grenade (except Willy Pete).
- Tier 3
- Hacker: Ability to detect enemy equipment and explosives.
- Hacker Pro: Booby trap enemy Care Packages and turn enemy killstreaks and equipment friendly.
- Marathon: Longer sprint.
- Marathon Pro: Unlimited duration.
- Ninja: Silent movement.
- Ninja Pro: Make no noise, and hear all enemies louder.
- Second Chance: Ability to use your pistol before dying.
- Second Chance Pro: Survive longer, and get revived by teammates.
- Tactical Mask: Protects against Nova Gas.
- Tactical Mask Pro: Reduces the effects of flash and concussion grenades.
Intel locationsCreated by savgcom.
"Five": "Don't Back Down" songLocate the three red rotary phones throughout the Pentagon that ring and flash. The first phone can be found when you first start, after opening a set of doors in the corner. The second phone is on the catwalk circling the room after leaving the first elevator. The third phone is in one of the rooms after leaving the second elevator on the floor that the power is on. You can find the phones by following their ringing. Look at the phone, then hold [Action] until you hear a busy signal. After the third phone is accessed, the song "Don't Back Down" by Eminem will play.
"Five": Zombies mode: On top of the teleporterOnce you go downstairs, stand in front of the larger elevator. When in front of it, go left along the desks next to the teleporter. You will see a railing. Stand behind so that you can see it long ways. Dolphin dive on top of it. This may require a few attempts. Once you are on top of the railing, stand up and keep jumping up until you are onto of the teleporter. Zombies cannot touch you unless you get too close to the stairs. You will rack up a lot of points because the zombies will gather up, and when you shoot at the crowd it almost impossible to miss.
"Kino Der Toten": "115" songFind the three meteors. The first meteor is located on a pedestal in a corner behind the soda in the main lobby. The second meteor is on a pedestal in the dressing room near some mannequins. The third meteor is the room upstairs near the alleyway, on a "dresser" with black marquee letters. Note: The meteors appear as red veined rocks. Hold [Use] on each meteor until your character says something or the veins in the rock glow red. After all three are found, the song "115" by Elena Siegman will play.
"Nuketown": "Sympathy For the Devil" songShoot the heads off all the mannequins in record time to hear "Sympathy For the Devil" by the Rolling Stones.
"Numbers": Thunder Gun
- In the level "Numbers," after interrogating Clarke, several enemy soldiers will appear at the end of the long hallway. If you can shoot all six Nova 6 canisters (two in the back, four on the sides), you can retrieve a cassette tape in the office behind where you started. Note: It is recommended that you toss a flashbang to blind the enemies so you have less trouble taking out the canisters. Once you pick up the tape, continue with the level until the part where Weaver and Clarke both jump off the roof onto a mattress. After they jump down, Clarke will ask Weaver to help him move a fridge out of the way to his first weapon stash. Once they do, go inside and look to the left. There should be a place to put the cassette. Note: When picking up and placing the cassette tape, the game will not prompt you -- you must have seen it being moved yourself. After that, the screen will shake and the Thunder Gun will appear out of the wall. It has twelve bullets, and it is reloaded at checkpoints.
- At the beginning of the "Numbers" level after the the Nova 6 Gas is released, go to the back of the room and enter the office. You should see a tape recorder. Hold [Action]. If done correctly, the screen will shake. Progress in the level to the scene when you jump off the roof into the building on to the mattress. Once Clarke is inside, he will move a fridge leading to the weapon stash. You must watch him move the fridge or you will not receive the Thunder Gun. Once you get inside the stash, go to the left. You should see another tape recorder. Walk up to it and hold [Action]. If done correctly, the screen will shake and the Thunder Gun will appear from the wall. You can trade the weapon you are holding for it, and it will be equipped with twelve shots. After you get the Thunder Gun, the rest of the level should be very easy.
Gun Game Wager match weaponsThe following is a list of all twenty guns in the Gun Game wager match.
vlp, v iyoiib lyiaw Anderson Lallande
- 1. Python with multiple attachments
- 2. Makarov dual wield
- 3. Spas
- 4. Ithica
- 5. MP5K
- 6. Skorpion dual wield
- 7. AK74u
- 8. M14
- 9. M16
- 10. FAMAS
- 11. AUG
- 12. Hk21
- 13. M60
- 14. L96A1
- 15. WA2000
- 16. Grim Reaper
- 17. M72 Law
- 18. China Lake
- 19. Crossbow explosive tip
- 20. Ballistic knife
Easy "Frag Master" achievementThere are three ways to get this achievement.
- Campaign mode: During the battle of Khe Sanh when the NVA are pouring out of the tunnels in the background, throw grenades into the crowd. You are bound to kill some of them.
- Multiplayer: Get five of your friends to join the other side. Tell them to cram together, then toss a frag grenade.
- Zombies: This requires two players. Blow the legs off five zombies and have the other player to stand in one place while the zombies crawl towards them. When they are all attacking your friend, throw a frag grenade.
Easy "Hands Off the Merchandise" achievementCreated by XCVii007r1.
Easy "I Hate Monkeys" achievementIn the Rebirth labs, fire the China Lake into the central chamber of the lab. Once the explosion happens in the chamber, the Nova 6 will not only kill the soldiers, but all of the monkeys as well.
Easy "Rhino" achievementIn Dead Ops mode, wait until you get to a higher round (for example, rounds 8 or 10). Use a meat power-up at the start of the round. When they pour in, wait a bit, then use the speed power-up.
Easy "Sally Likes Blood" achievementOn "The Defector" mission, at the part where you go inside the building with Bowman, Reznov, and Woods, (the one where the man is crying over his dead friend), go upstairs. There will be two VC in front of you and three more behind the window next to them. Aim precisely so that you can kill all three of them in one shot. This is a checkpoint. If you miss, kill yourself and try again.
AchievementsComplete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Death to Dictators (15 points): Take down Castro with a headshot.
- Sacrifice (10 points): Ensure your squad escapes safely from Cuba.
- Vehicular Slaughter (25 points): Destroy all enemies on vehicles during the prison break.
- Slingshot Kid (15 points): Destroy all slingshot targets in 3 attempts.
- Give me liberty (10 points): Escape Vorkuta.
- VIP (10 points): Receive orders from Lancer.
- A safer place (10 points): Sabotage the Soviet space program.
- Tough Economy (15 points): Use no more than 6 TOW guided missiles to destroy the tanks in the defense of Khe Sanh.
- Looks don't count (10 points): Break the siege in the battle of Khe Sanh.
- Raining Pain (15 points): Rack up a body count of 20 NVA using air support in Hue City.
- The Dragon Within (15 points): Kill 10 NVA with Dragon's Breath rounds.
- SOG Rules (10 points): Retrieve the dossier and the defector from Hue City.
- Heavy Hand (15 points): Use the Grim Reaper to destroy the MG emplacement.
- Up close and personal (15 points): Silently take out 3 VC.
- Double Trouble (10 points): Use only dual wield weapons to escape Kowloon.
- Broken English (10 points): Escape Kowloon.
- Lord Nelson (25 points): Destroy all targets and structures while making your way up the river.
- Never get off the boat (10 points): Find the Soviet connection in Laos.
- Pathfinder (50 points): Guide the squad through the Soviet outpost without them getting killed.
- Mr. Black OP (50 points): Enter the Soviet relay station undetected.
- With extreme prejudice (25 points): Get to the POW compound in the Hind using only rockets.
- Russian bar-b-q (15 points): Incinerate 10 enemies with the flamethrower attachment in the POW compound.
- Light Foot (30 points): Escape the ship with 2:15 left on the timer in Veteran.
- Some wounds never heal (10 points): Escape the Past.
- I hate monkeys (15 points): Kill 7 monkeys in under 10 seconds in the Rebirth labs.
- No Leaks (50 points): Make it through the NOVA 6 gas without dying on Rebirth Island.
- Clarity (10 points): Crack the code.
- Double Whammy (15 points): Destroy both helicopters with one Valkyrie rocket from the deck of the ship.
- Stand Down (35 points): Complete the campaign on any difficulty.
- BLACK OP MASTER (100 points): Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
- Frag Master (15 points): Kill 5 enemies with a single frag grenade in the campaign.
- Sally Likes Blood (15 points): Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet.
- Unconventional Warfare (15 points): Use the explosive bolts to kill 30 enemies in the campaign.
- Cold Warrior (25 points): Complete "Operation 40," "Vorkuta," and "Executive Order" on Veteran difficulty.
- Down and Dirty (25 points): Complete "SOG" and "The Defector" on Veteran difficulty.
- It's your funeral (25 points): Complete "Numbers," "Project Nova," and "Victor Charlie" on Veteran difficulty.
- Not Today (25 points): Complete "Crash Site," "WMD," and "Payback" on Veteran difficulty.
- Burn Notice (25 points): Complete "Rebirth" and "Redemption" on Veteran difficulty.
- Closer Analysis (15 points): Find all the hidden intel.
- Date Night (15 points): Watch a film or clip with a friend.
- In The Money (20 points): Finish 5 Wager Matches "in the money."
- Ready For Deployment (15 points): Reach rank 10 in Combat Training.
- The Collector (20 points): Buy every weapon off the walls in a single Zombies game.
- Hands Off the Merchandise (20 points): Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out.
- Sacrificial Lamb (15 points): Shoot at or be shot by an ally with a Pack-a-Punch crossbow and kill six zombies with the explosion.
- "Insert Coin" (5 points): Access the terminal and battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in Dead Ops Arcade.
- Easy Rhino (10 points): In Dead Ops Arcade, use a Speed Boost to blast through 20 or more enemies at one time.
- See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me (15 points): Fire a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife at a downed ally to revive them from a distance.
- Just ask me nicely (15 points): Break free from the torture chair.
- Eaten by a Grue (15 points): Play Zork on the terminal.
"Summit": Get on the red "trolley"Go to the little ramp, sprint, then press A to jump to it. Then, press A again when against the "trolley" to climb in.
Every Tuesday, Sony drops a bunch of new stuff onto the PlayStation Network. Those with a PlayStation 3 or PSP can download this new goodness, which ranges from PSN games to movies, themes and more. While the Official PlayStation Blog outlines these updates in full each week, we thought we'd help truncate the good news into something more digestible.
There's only a single new PSN game this week, and it's Dead Space-related. If you purchased Dead Space 2, then you'll already have free access to it, but for everyone else, Dead Space Extraction is now available for download. Remember, although Extraction supports DualShock, you'll want to have a PlayStation Move to play this one!
- Dead Space Extraction ($14.99)
There's a lone new PSP game this week, too.
- Lord of Arcana ($39.99)
There isn't a fresh PlayStation Plus update this week, though games like Lead and Gold, as well as some PSone and PlayStation Mini titles, are still on sale from the previous update. A full game trial for Mass Effect 2 is also available, that will let gamers try the game out for a full sixty minutes.
There are no new PSone Classics this week.
There's quite a bit of DLC this week, including for the newly-released Dead Space 2.
First, the PS3/PSN DLC...
- Dead Space 2 - Hazard Pack ($4.99)
- Dead Space 2 - Martial Law Pack ($4.99)
- Dead Space 2 - Supernova Pack ($4.99)
- EyePet - Emergency Pack ($2.99)
- ModNation Racers - Party Time Mod ($0.99)
- Rock Band 3 - Various Tracks ($1.99-$8.49)
- Rock Band Network - Various Tracks ($1.99 each)
- Super Street Fighter IV - Ultra Classic Pack ($3.99)
There are a lot of great discounts this week. All of them are for PSN games, and a majority of the games are on sale are of the exceptional variety. If you've been holding out on some of these games below, now's the time to pounce! Most of the games are around half-off their original price.
- Comet Crash
- Costume Quest
- Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue
- Motorstorm 3D Rift
- Soldner X-2: Final Prototype
- Space Invaders: Infinity Gene
- Swords and Soldiers
- Top Gun
There are a couple of new demos for you to try out this week.
- Dead Space Extraction
Reggie Fils-Aime brings the bad news.
January 25, 2011Nintendo 3DS fans looking to get their hands on Kid Icarus: Uprising and Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will have to wait.
Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo America, confirmed to MTV the new Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Mario 3DS titles won't make the the system's launch window - March 27 through June 7 - and instead be out sometime "after E3."
"They'll be ready soon, but not in that initial time period of late March through early June," he said. "In terms of what the hardcore gamer has to look forward to right at launch, I would say: Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Madden, and the three first-party launch games we have as well."
Nintendo said it will have between 25 and 30 games total released during the 3DS' launch window in North America and Europe. The company's first-party offerings will include: Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs + cats, and Steel Diver.
IGN has contacted Nintendo for further clarification. A full list of the expected launch window games can be seen here.
Any preview of Crysis 2 is invariably going to be torn between two things (or should be, anyway): how it looks, and how it plays. When I checked out a single-player section of the PC version of Crysis 2 a month or so ago, I was struck as much by how well it controlled on a 360 pad as how fantastic that version looked, and I was also left with some serious questions as to how it would run on consoles. Last week, things were switched around a bit as I spent time with Crysis 2's multiplayer on the Xbox 360, and I was struck by two things: how great it looked, and how not so great it played.
Thankfully, it looks like most of the graphical issues we saw at Gamescom last year and last year's multiplayer beta on 360 last year have been worked out, as Crysis 2 is clearly in the running for best looking console game out there. It's the atmosphere and lighting that really impresses. Levels are huge with a ton of routes and traversal options, and the constant shifts between darkness and daylight in Skyline, the level included in this week's demo, in particular are striking.
Crysis 2 was so striking, in fact, that it took me a few minutes with the game to realize that something wasn't quite right with Crysis 2's controls on the 360. Eventually, it hit me: Crysis 2 on 360 has some seriously laggy controller response. While some of Crysis 2's control idiosyncrasies make sense - a delay between hitting the jump button and flying into the air makes you feel like a cyborg hurling himself upward - simple things like aiming and strafing just aren't as responsive as they should be. What breaks my heart is the theory that this might be tied to the preview build's framerate - if Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical of TimeSplitters and, uh, Haze fame) can tone the graphics down in multiplayer somewhat to get something that feels more responsive, it would be the right move, but it would still hurt my heart a little.
This wasn't the only issue I experienced; there's also a sense at times that the multiplayer sandboxes might be too much box and not enough player-sand for the max player count on consoles of 6-on-6. For team deathmatch (or team instant-action, as Crytek is calling it), this is fine enough, since players can only score when they encounter one another. But for objective type matches, like Crash Site (the Conquest style mode included in this week's demo), it takes what seems like forever to make it from your spawning point to the action when you die, which really kills the game's momentum. Of course, while precise PC player counts are still being finalized, I was able to cajole the word "more" out of Crysis 2's producer
Granted, Crysis 2 has a couple of months left before it hits retail, so this is hopefully something that can be fixed - and the control issues certainly weren't present in the PC build of the game I played a month ago. If Crytek can address the responsiveness problems in Crysis 2, the multiplayer could be something unique and cool. The nano-suit powers both active and passive lead to a range of combat options not found in other shooters. The constant need to switch from armor mode to stealth to speed requires quick thinking, and Crytek has done a great job of making suit abilities quickly accessible - and, easily mixed and matched, a particular problem in Crysis's last multiplayer release that the developers mentioned to me when I was checking out the game. With some luck, we'll all be power-stomping each other from rooftops when Crysis 2 releases in March.